23 March 2014

The Purpose of Random Quotes

"The art of survival is a story that never ends."
American Hustle (2013) 
Irving Rosenfeld(Christian Bale)

Quotes are very motivating for me.   If you were to look through the photos on my phone, you would find a lot of those quote/pictures that float around Facebook.  It isn't that I don't have personal photos because I do.  I save them because the specific quote and/or picture actually struck me.   Sometimes, they strike because they are funny and others because they are true but mainly, they strike me because they are pointing out something in me.  It is sorta like a form of therapy.   Today, the above quote arrived in my email.  I receive the Reel Life Wisdom Quotes for the day from http://www.reellifewisdom.com.   They are quotes from movies and fall under the different categories of Love: Connecting to Your Supporting Cast, Self: Define Your Character, Life: Build Your Story, and Random Bits of Wisdom.   There are a plethora of categories below each heading and if you are a movie person, you will absolutely love this one.

I have been struggling to start this blog since the start of the new year and with it being an integral part of my overall resolution for the year, I really needed to do it.   I opened my e-mail today and this quote hit me.   I am a survivor because I have walked so many paths that seem to never end.   Just when I think that I am headed into a quiet existence, Life has a way of rearing it's ugly side and the events happen that add to the story of my life.   I have survived.  Now how artful that survival has been, it has simply been my own personal art.

Gladiator ... I Will Continue The Fight

On 12 July 2018, one of my chemo heroes went home to his Heavenly Father and my world ... the world, in general, lost one of the brightes...