14 May 2017

On This First Mother's Day Without MoMo

Below are the passages that I sent to women in my life that I feel my MoMo knew would take care of me in her absence.  This is one of the hardest days of my life.  In "The Story of the Yellow Butterfly" I speak of the man that holds my heart.  While he does still hold and have my heart, three weeks ago his father and best friend took the same journey that MoMo took almost seven months ago.  He has chosen to walk his path without me.  Today, I am so lost. The home I shared with MoMo and the home he and I had talked about being one in, does not bring me comfort today as it has in the past because both are everywhere I turn.  Heart-broken and broken in so many ways, I share this today.

On This First Mother’s Day

As of this first Mother’s Day,
My mother and best friend left
203 days
4,872 hours
292,320 minutes
ago.

In these days, hours, minutes
There has not been a time when I have not missed her
The pain still stings, my heart is still broken

I know that I am not the first on this journey
I know that I will not be the last on this journey
What makes this journey different is you

Because of you, my journey is blessed
I believe that one of the reasons that my mother’s journey started so peacefully, is because she left me in your capable hands and heart
Your loving, blessed hands and heart

For that on my first Mother’s Day,
I celebrate my mother’s love
I celebrate you.

The Story of the Yellow Butterfly

October 23, 2016
I was working around the backyard of my childhood home and the home, 
that at that time, I shared with my beloved Momo and youngest son.  This always has and will be a labor of love.

That day, a pale yellow butterfly fluttered around the backyard not coming close to me.  Watching me and I was watching it.

At about six that evening, while Momo slept in her chair, that pale yellow butterfly came close to me and the one that holds my heart,
enveloping us in a complete circle.
A circle that completely connected and flew away.

A little later, I discovered that Momo was not sleeping.  Momo had peacefully slipped away from this earth and left on her journey to our Father God.  A journey away from me.

In reflection, I firmly believe that God had sent the pale yellow butterfly to us.  When the pale yellow butterfly completed the circle and flew away, on its wings were my beloved Momo and best friend.


That circle was her last hug to me.

Gladiator ... I Will Continue The Fight

On 12 July 2018, one of my chemo heroes went home to his Heavenly Father and my world ... the world, in general, lost one of the brightes...